APEX HCM- Business Development Manager
Apex HCM is located in Roswell, GA, is a HCM platform software provider to payroll service bureaus, accounting firms, and white label partners. The HCM software provides its customers with cutting-edge cloud-based software that is easiest to use in the industry, has a modern new world design, and extraordinarily powerful in capability. Apex HCM enables its customers to dramatically improve their workforce productivity as well as secure business against the national legacy payroll firms. Apex colleagues work hard to be the best they can, live by our core values that differentiate us in the marketplace.
Apex HCM has been selected seven years in a row for Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing companies in the U.S. We are a market leader in cloud-based payroll, HCM, and Time technology. Over 300 payroll service firms nationally use Apex's technology as the core of their business. Apex's comprehensive suite of products and services includes payroll, payroll tax, human resources, time and attendance, ACA compliance, employee on-boarding tools for the new remote world and other business management tools normally reserved for large enterprise organizations. Apex's cutting-edge cloud-based technology allows its customers to compete effectively feature-for-feature with large national legacy payroll providers, while dramatically improving their workforce productivity, and providing the easiest to use modern technology experience.
Apex HCM is seeking highly motivated and outgoing Business Development Manager (BDM) withPayroll / HCM industry domain knowledge to join our amazing team! BDMs are responsible for executing all aspects of the sales cycle including, but not limited to, fielding inbound sales inquiries generated from marketing campaigns, as well as prospecting via outbound calls to sell our technology in a fast-paced, goal driven environment. BDMs are supported by BDRs to set up appointments, paid media / SEO to drive awareness and qualified leads, and targeted campaigns each quarter to create demand in the marketplace and create inbound leads. BDMs must be highly energetic, optimistic, and focused on being part of a winning sales organization. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology company!
Responsibilities of Business Development Managers:
- Contact and follow up with inbound leads generated from various marketing campaigns across different advertising platforms and convert into sales
- Place outbound calls to prospect for developing new leads
- Execute established daily cadence of prospecting and conversations to qualify leads and create new Sales Qualified Leads
- Ability to penetrate targeted accounts with an innovative and strategic approach in defined territory
- Manage each lead/prospect and provided detailed notes of each call-complete all the necessary questions to help understand lead/prospect
- Manage the sales process and rank leads according to scales indicating propensity to buy
- Preparation and presenting of sales proposals
- Must display accountability along with desire for personal growth and ownership
- Performs sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs, and sales of software to accountants, trade and corporate accounts
- Conduct the presentation, software demo and proposal process for prospects including marketing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, client presentations and software demos
- Attends sales meetings or educational activities to stay up to date on the latest developments, trends, regulations regarding the software or the marketplace
- Attend conferences and events to prospect for new business
Four-year college degree and 5 or more years of experience in payroll and HR services or software sales is required. Documented track record of success and quota achievement. The candidate will also possess strong self-initiative to drive, proactiveness, and execute sales processes and consistently deliver on revenue targets.
- Proven track record of performance, quota attainment, and accurate forecasting
- PC and social media skills, including the ability to work with Salesforce/Word/Excel/PowerPoint or other similar software, e-mail, and the Internet
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously so that sales results remain consistent from one month to the next
- Strong selling skills to close around objections
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take charge and complete objectives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including effective speaking before groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, salesforce.com knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of payroll and human resource services or technology
Apex HCM offers an excellent salary compensation and sales commission rewards for over performance, as well as an excellent employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, short term / long term disability, FSA, paid time off, 401k and profit sharing, the ability to work remote.