Payroll / HCM Software Support Specialist
Apex Human Capital Management (HCM) has been selected four years in a row for INC 5000’s list of fastest growing companies in the U.S. We are a market leader in cloud-based payroll and HR technology. Over 300 payroll service firms nationally use Apex's technology as the core of their business. Apex's comprehensive suite of products and services includes payroll, payroll tax, human resources, time and attendance, workers' compensation, payroll debit cards and other business management tools normally reserved for large enterprises. Apex's cutting-edge cloud-based technology allows its customers to compete effectively feature-for-feature with larger established firms, while dramatically improving their workforce productivity.
Apex HCMl is looking for an experience payroll professional to fill the role of a Payroll Software Support Specialist. The Payroll Software Support Specialist's role is to ensure proper support operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help via remote desktop sessions.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Software Support Specialist:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and tickets in a courteous manner.
- Duties include determining functional specifications for and designing, documenting, analyzing, creating and testing Apex’s software systems and programs.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or department.
- Record, track, and document the request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities and analyze software functionalities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Test new software products and releases including fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Develop and document software help files, tutorials and release notes.
- Preparing and delivering online, on-site, and off-site training to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years payroll / HCM software experience.
- Ability to make independent decisions on matters of significance.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with deadlines and goals.
- Attention to details and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills i.e. written/verbal Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies, documents and regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Skill and ability to meet people, listen, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Knowledge of computer skills.
About Apex HCM
Apex HCM is a market leader in licensing cloud-based payroll and HR software technology, payroll service firms and vendors nationally use Apex’s technology as the core of their business. We are a rapidly growing technology firm recently ranking as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States by Inc. 500|5000.
- Three weeks paid vacation accruing day one of work
- 13 Paid company holidays
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Health Insurance starts first of month following start date
- 401(k) plan with company match